Wordle

Wordle: teach

Monday, August 2, 2010

Tool # 8 - Video Resources

Throughout the past year I located several different websites with videos about topics that were being discussed in the classroom, but my favorite website was www.PBSkids.org . Most of the videos were for Science & Math. I would show my students the video to introduce them to a new lesson. The students enjoyed this and you could tell it captured their attention. I love the videos from PBS because the show real kids conducting small, short experiments. My students could relate to them. Once the video was over, we would discuss it as a class and then do a similar activity in the classroom. The lesson was successful because the video gave us of an example of what to expect. Below are two videos that I used in my 1st grade classroom. Both videos are from www. PBSkids.org



BODY MEASURING http://pbskids.org/curiousgeorge/video/video_pop.html?clip=interstitials/218B&title=Body%20Measuring&ar=16:9&filetype=mov&bandwidth=_hi



WHAT DISSOLVES? http://pbskids.org/curiousgeorge/video/video_pop.html?clip=interstitials/103A&title=What%20Dissolves?&ar=16:9&filetype=mov&bandwidth=_hi

No comments:

Post a Comment